Comment on page
Pro Competition Rewards
Discover the competition & rewards associated with Pooky's Play-&-Earn mode.
This system is replacing the previous Matchday system as of 19/07/2023.
Pooky creates a weekly schedule.
The Week schedule contains any matchday that ends between a given Tuesday 00:00 CEST and the next Monday 23:59 CEST.
The weekly schedule distributes reward through a
Week Pool, whose size is:
Rewards are distributed when ALL of the matchdays included in the
Week Scheduleare complete
For every Matchday, there is a
Any Matchday Pool has a minimum of 50 MATIC (and the equivalent in POK)
Week Poolis distributed between the matchdays included inside of the
The Week Pool is distributed according to the following formula
- 1.Start by granting 50 MATIC to ALL matchdays within the Week Schedule
- 2.For each PREDICTION, the ball predicting adds its prestige value to the Matchday
Matchday Prestige Valueis the sum of the prestige of all predictions.Example:if there were 3 predictions, done by
- 1.a common of prestige 2.5 ; the same common of prestige 2.5 ; an epic of prestige 8
- 2.THEN the matchday has a prestige of 8+2.5+2.5 = 13
- 4.At the end of the
Week Schedule, the Week Pool is split into Matchday Pools on the prorata of the
Matchday Prestige Value
- if MD1 = 10 prestige, MD2 = 30 prestige, MD3 = 60 prestige, and PoolWeek = 2000 MATIC
- Then PoolWeek starts distributing 50 MATIC to all MDs, remains 1850
- Then it distributes 10 / (10+30+60) to the MD1 = 185 MATIC
- MD1 ends up with 185 + 50 = 235 MATIC
- Then it distributes 30 / (10+30+60)… to the MD2 = 565 MATIC , MD2 ends with 555 + 50 MATIC = 615 MATIC
- Then it distributes 60 / (10+30+60) = 1110 MATIC, MD3 ends with 1110 + 50 = 1160 MATIC
Note that, because of this system calculating at the end of Gameweeks, the Matchday rewards will be distributed when all Matchdays are resolved. As a player, you will be able to see your projected rewards in the Matchday card. PXP will still be distributed at the end of each match.
At the end of a Competition Gameweek, rewards are released based on each Matchday Leaderboards rankings. Every Football league and tournament has two Leaderboards for Pookyball owners (two for Italian League, two for the English League, etc.).
Leaderboards are completed each Matchday: in a regular season in France, you will have 38 of each leaderboards corresponding to the 38 Matchdays.
- The Boosted Leaderboard: players are ranked based on the total amount of Boosted Points (Base Points boosted by Pookyball Attributes)
- The Base Leaderboard: players are ranked based on the total amount of Base Points only (No Pookyball Attributes taken into account)
Every Gameweek in Pooky has its own rewards pool. The pool is split between various Matchdays based on the number of players (and their associated Prestige) engaged in the Competition. The rewards pool is divided between the 2 Leaderboards. Rewards are distributed on a sliding scale, the largest percentage of awards going to the Boosted Pookyball Leaderboard.
- 90% - Boosted Pookyball Leaderboard
- 10% - Base Pookyball Leaderboard
Pooky can dynamically manage this allocation to protect the health of the game.
- 50% of players get MATIC (proportional to their ranking)
- 100% of players get $POK (proportional to their ranking)
- In the future, other rewards can include extra PXP, Pressure/Energy packs, Stickers, Pookyballs, crafting materials or future cosmetic items
In more details:
- The Boosted and Base Leaderboard distribute players into 10 segments. The top 9 segment each receive an equal share of allocated rewards. The bottom segment receives 0 MATIC, and distributes 5 POK per player
- The best ranked segments contain less players - meaning they all get a bigger share of the segment
- Note that due to rounding and number of players on leaderboards, players can experience threshold effects on the highest ranks. For this reason, the repartition is fixed for leaderboards with less than 100 players.
Numbers in this section are subject to further balance changes before and after the game is released. All numbers are notably correlated to the Mint prices. Also note the system below only covers the season 1, until we move to a future tokenomics system which would work in a closed loop.
In season 1, until the $TPK token is launched, Pooky will reward players in $POK (our native soulbound token) and in MATIC using a part of our sales proceeds.
For each ball sold, we will permanently increase the Gameweek Prize Pool by 1.50% of the sale value in MATIC after VAT, and add a proportional amount of $POK to the pool.
The $POK pool size will be proportional to the MATIC pool size.
That system is deemed sustainable until the end of 2024, which will give us more than enough time to release our proprietary token and develop the relevant economy.
Pooky additionally has guaranteed a minimum Matchday Pool from the launch of the Play and Earn until July 18th, before transitionning to the Gameweek system.
Based on 5 matchdays per week, this guarantee was:
- 660 MATIC per Matchday (increased from 500 MATIC on 21/04)
- ~35.000 $POK
On top of this, from 3000 balls sold, we will start slowly increasing prize pools, by adding 0.15% of the sales value in MATIC avec VAT to the Pool. This is a net positive to players, up until we reach the breakeven of the main formula.
Assuming the Common Pookyball is priced at 22.5 MATIC for the next months, then the main formula will catch up to the promotional amount around 6,000 Pookyballs sold.
Please note those numbers are depending on the pricing of each mint.