Comment on page
DEVELOPERS' CHANGELOG & PATCH NOTES
In this section, we'll list the various updates we've done for the application.
It's been a year since we launched Pooky for the 2022 World Cup! We've reached nearly 100k unique players through those 52 weeks of gameplay, cumulating over 1.8m predictions. Thanks a LOT for your continued support, it means a lot to us.
- Mythic rarity is now available, for Pookyballs and for Stickers! This rarity can only be obtained by doing an Ascensionfrom Legendary assets.Developers' notes:With Ascension and Mythic rarities both being available, the core journey for any player is now fully available. Anyone can embark with a few Common balls and start climbing up towards higher rarities and higher chances at rewards.
- Free-to-play game mode has been revamped:
- Basic league has been removed
- Free players can now play in any league of their choosing
- Moved to Alchemy to handle our blockchain event listening service
- (29/11) Updated the Sticker mint list to remove the Summer Leagues from the mint pool until they come back, as well as the Nations until we're closer to International competitions.
- Ascend your Pookyballs with Ascension! We're delivering on one of Pookys' first promises: you can start your journey from the simplest assets and climb up the highest rarities, up until the never-sold Mythic ball.
- Redeploying your Booster points is now possible!Developers' notes:That option has been asked for a long time to allow changing strategy and correct beginners' mistakes. This should also help making the secondary market more fluid.
- Prediction cost updates from 0 to 2 energy per update.
- Developers' notes:We've slightly rebalanced reward distribution to maintain a good balance of rewards across all Pookyball rarities. Rewards for the top 2-3% ranked players on both the Boosted and the Base leaderboards should be even more appealing now.
Stickers have hit the game!
Players can now customise at will their Pookyballs.
We've reached the breakpoints for a prizepool growth acceleration.
From 28th August, Pookyballs contribute permanently to prize pools with 1.5% of their MATIC value before VAT, and Stickers contribute permanently to prize pools with 0.75% of their MATIC value before VAT.
- Updated whitepaper, notably:Developers' notes:
- We've slightly rebalanced reward distribution to maintain a good balance of rewards across all Pookyball rarities. Rewards for the top 2-3% ranked players on both the Boosted and the Base leaderboards should be even more appealing now.
- This change is not live yet, it will be implemented early in September
We passed 5000 Pookyballs in August! Thanks everyone for your support in the first steps of Pooky, it's only starting :)
Since the start of Pooky, we've treated all matchdays independantly with a single reward pool. We're now moving to a weekly schedule system, with the following advantages:
- We can add or remove events without touching the weekly reward distribution
- Low-activity period still provide the same weekly rewards to players
- Rewards are directed to the players' prefered leagues
Note that this system calculates rewards at the end of Gameweeks. Rewards will be distributed when all Matchdays are resolved. PXP will still be distributed at the end of each match.
When levelling up, players currently have 2 costs to pay in the process:
- 1.A cost in PXP, which can be covered with POK
- 2.A cost in POK
We are adding the possibility to cover the second cost with MATIC. With this change, players still will have the possibility to upgrade balls using only PXP and POK as they currently do. At the same time, it is impossible to bypass the first cost with an external currency, meaning progress still has to be earned.
- Cost 1:
- PXP required per level is unchanged
- POK:PXP ratio for coverage increased from 0.08 to 0.125
- Cost 2:
- POK:PXP ratio is unchanged at 0.08
- MATIC:POK ratio created at 0.035
We will closely monitor the impact of this change to ensure both progression speed and gameplay are positively impacted. .
Introducing our first social system: Rivals !
You can now connect with other players and compete against them in a more personal way.
Players will now be able to
- visit another player's profile
- see their basic stats
- see their Pookyballs collection
- see the matchdays and leaderboards they are participating in.
Check the in-depth dedicated section of the whitepaper for more information!
This is our first major change to one of the attributes - the exact score.
Exact score is a bit of a special one - whatever your prediction, you always have a chance to score it. On top of it, it's the hardest part of your prediction to get right.
We knew it had strong correlation with 1X2 and O/U, and limited how much it was contributing to the total of points since the beginning of the game design. Its contribution was of approximately 25% of users total points, which looked fine at a glance.
However, when diving into live data, we understood that exact score was giving a bit too much benefit to the most likely results, but not enough to the risky ones. This would encourage a gameplay where low risk scores are encouraged over bolder moves - which is not the spirit. Mathematically, this happens simply because in Pooky, you predict on outcome, goals, and exact score in a single prediction, so the odds of Exact Score natively contain the outcome & goals odds.
After this update, Exact Score will give less points to likely results, and more points to rarer results. It should, on average, give slightly more points across the board, but will be less correlated to likeliness of results.
Coming with this, as we want to highlight sports skills, we are further increasing the impact of 1X2 on player points. We will slightly increase the impact of 1/X/2 versus the action points of Over/Under.
- Exact Score computation changed
- OLD : 11 times the Odd of the Exact Score
- NOW :
- 20 times the Odd of the Exact Score, minus the points that can be earned from 1/X/2 and Over/Under
- Maximum points from Exact Score increased to 320 (from 220)
- Minimum points from Exact Score added, at 40
- Adjusted 1 X 2 point multiplier to 23 (from 22)
- Reduced Over/Under points multiplier to 18 (from 20)
- We're reigniting our partnership with Zealy (previously Crew3) !
- Head to our Discord to discover community challenges.
Here are our first adjustments since the game went live!
- Guaranteed minimum on Pro Leagues Rewards Pools has been updated from 500 MATIC to 660 MATIC per matchday, since April 21st
- Pookyballs distribution to top5 players has been removed
- Developers' notes: we observed that players ranking top 5 rarely had a use for an extra Common Ball. With this change, we allow more flexibility for the same monetary value.
- Updating a prediction from ball A to ball B now costs 1% prediction to the ball B
- Developers' notes: some players used a small loop to spend the pressure on a deprecated ball, and save pressure on their main ball. This change should affect quite a low part of the playerbase.
As part of their new API plans, Twitter Login is now a (quite expansive) paid plan. As such, we have decided to sunset our support of Twitter Login. Affected users have been
Following player feedback that they lack visibility on the next drops, we added a timer to the marketplace when a given drop is soldout, and the next one is planned.
- Added detailed explanation about two upcoming features: Stickers & Rivals
- Corrected a few typos
We're now live!
First of all, huge thanks to all players who participated in Pooky so far, from the Discord opening in September, the World Cup in November, the mid-season of European leagues, and most recently the Genesis collection mint. A lot of you have been there along the way to help build with us, provide feedback, and challenge us to do better. Thank you again!
Then, some highlights on major evolutions from there.
Cost per prediction in all leagues has been increased to 10.
Energy now refills on Mondays, instead of Sundays
- Developers' notes: As planned from the start, we have increased the prediction cost to 10 per predictions. This means, players can do at least 10 predictions, and progressively more as they upgrade their collection.Total energy increases and refills will be supported with the Stickers update and the Crafting update.We understand that we offered players a reduced cost of predictions for a significant period of time, and we hope this change will not bring confusion.
Players can now compete on those two competitions. The same Energy is used to predict on both leagues.
- Those will be the National and International competitions you all know: English league, European tournaments, German league...
- All matches available on the Pooky platform are featured in the Pro leagues
- Play & Earn Leagues are accessible with Common, Rare, Epic, or Legendary Pookyballs
- Basic League matches will be chosen by the team to ensure some variety and action throughout the week. Basic League will generally feature several competitions per week, of 4 to 8 matches, to allow anyone to join the party mid-week.
- Basic Leagues are reserved to Basic Pookyballs to ensure fairplay. Top ranking players will earn a Common Pookyball, giving them access to the Pro leagues.
- Rewards pool start at 500 MATIC, 35k POK, and 5 Pookyballs
- 90% is distributed on the Boosted Leaderboards
- 10% is distributed on the Base Leaderboards
- 50% of ranked players are eligible to MATIC rewards ; 100% of ranked players are eligible to POK rewards.
- The pool size will increase based on total Pookyballs minted on our marketplace
- Basic League is only accessible with Basic Pookyballs. Fair play only !
- Top ranking players will receive a Common Pookyball, which will allow them to participate in the Play & Earn leagues!
- After the Genesis collection, we will start dropping Regular collection supply in our Marketplace. We'll manage the supply closely to make sure player's collections stay quite unique!
- You can expect drops from weekly to monthly frequency, depending on time
- Kicking things off, the launch of the game comes with an extra 100 Pookyballs.
- The number of matches you have predicted is not displayed correctly in the Home page and in the League page. Predictions are still correctly registered.
- Some European team colors are a bit off (Italy, Ireland).
- Top bar of the matches says "match 0" instead of counting matches in the league.
- Marketplace bottom counter is off by 1,000 units.
- Developers' notes: we decided to ship despite those few issues to allow predicting on March 23rd's matches. Thanks for understanding!
- We're working on 4 major axis:
- Our first social feature: Rivals. Get close and personal, challenge other players, and show them who's the strongest competitor !
- Improve new player experience and in-app answering to common questions. Our goals:
- in 15', anyone can get started with Pooky
- in 5', any question should find an answer
As planned in Energy section, Pookyball owners now benefit from a higher max energy. You can read more either in the Energy section, or in this article on our blog: https://pooky.gg/blog/pressure-and-energy-management
Important note: when the full game is released, the energy cost per prediction will increase to 10 energy points per prediction.
- Developers' notes: to give a little immediate thank you to people participating in the Genesis Mint, we've pushed the energy update in production before the game. Happy predicting ! We also decided to not increase already the energy cost from 4 to 10. As the game is still in F2P state, and we have large European tournaments, we did not want to limit the experience of F2P players already.
We have implemented a first referral system. Every time you refer a friend, you'll earn a MATIC reward. Every 5 refered friends, you'll get an extra bonus.
Those rewards will be distributed on Mondays/Tuesday - the distribution is not automated yet, more on that will come in the next weeks!
We have distributed the Pookyballs earned by players since the World Cup started.
- If you earned a Pookyball directly in the app by winning a Leaderboard, it is now available to claim in your account. It will be visible a few minutes after claiming.
- If you earned a Pookyball outside of the app, through a contest, raffle, or giveaway, it has been airdropped directly to your wallet.
- Repressure challenge reward is now 60 PXP (was 5 POK)
- Reach Level 5 on the Basic Ball challenge now rewards 60 PXP (was 5 POK)
- Reach Level 15 on the Basic Ball challenge now rewards 360 PXP (was 12 POK)
- Reach Level 20 on the Basic Ball challenge now rewards 35 POK (up from 25)
- Developers' notes: putting POK too early in the path of the players meant being faced with gas fees before you have discovered the game, and created a negative experience. We have made challenges more tailored to discovering players, and are actively working on removing the adoption hurdle that gas fee represents.Those challenges will reward more PXP, which will accelerate the players to complete the onboarding goal of level 20 where players can get a significant claim of POK.
We have released our Genesis Collection!
The sale is limited to 1,000 units ; on top of which we have distributed the rewards earned to winners of the game since November.
Note that numbers are still subject to change, as we thrive to bring the best equilibrum to our players.
SCORE MUTLIPLIER UPDATES
- Exact Score Multiplier has been reduced from 12 to 11. This means exact score will, on average, award 8.3% less points.
- 1 - X - 2 Multipliers have been increased from 20 to 22. This means they will, on average, award 10% more points.
- Developers' notes:The previous multipliers were creating quite a lot of variance, and rewarded chance a bit too much. With this change, we're hoping to reward better players with a constant understanding of the game, while keeping a major incidence of the exact score on your ranking. On average, this should not impact the average amount of PXP earned by a player.
EXPERIENCE CURVE UPDATES
- Leveling factor has been reduced from 1.085 to 1.075.
- POK Factor for levelling has been reduced from 9% to 8%
- Developers' notes:While we're pretty happy with how fast the Basic Pookyballs are levelling, the NFT Pookyballs were slowing down a bit too fast. Updating those numbers should help players reach higher levels at a faster pace.
- Onboarding has been fully reviewed to help players discover the core mechanics of the game.
- Reduced the initial amount of Basic Pookyballs offered after sign up from 2 to 1
- Added a guided questline of 4 Challenges to guide the player through the first predictions, rewards, and level up.
- After completing those challenges, players are able to choose a second Basic Pookyball.
- Developers' notes:Our players reported frequently that after their first predictions, they were not acquainted with core mechanics. This was particularly true for the first session, where after doing your first round of predictions, you were running of actions to do. This change should help new players understand how the Pooky game works!
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and EUROPA LEAGUE have been added to the pool of available Leagues.
- Alpha Luxury concept has been removed. Rarity pyramid has been slightly modified as a consequence.
- Players are now able to predict on the National leagues for France, Italy, Germany, England, Spain
- Each leaderboard now awards a promotional reward of 200 POK, 250 MATIC, and 1 Common Pookyball spread amongst players
- Energy cost to predict increased from (0) to (4) per match
- We released the World Cup demo version. In this version, players can compete against each other in 16 leaderboards of 4 matches, and receive promotional rewards.
- Each leaderboard awards a promotional reward of 500 POK, 130 MATIC, 2 Common Pookyballs, and 1 Rare Pookyball spread amongst players
- Energy requirement has been set to 0 for the World Cup event, to allow players to predict on the whole event without constraint.